Joseph H. Wolenski | Associate | email
My primary role is the representation of surety clients in litigation against claims by architects, contractors, owners, material suppliers, and subcontractors.
Further representation of surety clients includes factual investigation and legal evaluation of alleged defaults by bond principals, procurement to complete performance when appropriate, and enforcement of indemnity and subrogation rights.
In addition, I’ve performed, obtained, and coordinated engineering evaluations, negotiated agreements for completion of bonded contracts, administrated contracts, and resolved related disputes in state and federal court.
Designated first chair trial counsel on any matters arbitrated or resolved at trial.
Non-litigation responsibilities include processing and resolving payment and performance bond claims.
Author, Wolenski, J. (2015). Performance Bond Law Update &er; Subrogation and Indemnity Law Update. In Sweeney, N.; Theriot, C., Editors (2015 Ed.), Construction Law Update (pp. 2:19—2:24; 2:25—2:38) New York, NY: Wolters Kluwer.
Author, Wolenski, J. (2016). Payment Bond Law Update &er; Subrogation and Indemnity Law Update. In Sweeney, N.; Theriot, C., Editor (2016 Ed.), Construction Law Update (pp. tbd) New York, NY: Wolters Kluwer.
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA; B.S., Finance &er; Marketing, 2001
- Univ. of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL, J.D., 2007
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; M.S., Extension Studies with Concentration in Sustainability; 2014-2017
- Member, Florida Bar, 2007 - present
- Member, Georgia Bar, 2010 - present
- Member, Massachusetts Bar, 2008 - present
- Member, ABA FSLC, 2013 - present
- Member, Surety Claims Institute, 2014 - present
- Member, National Bond Claims Association, 2014 - present